The Balmy Beach Canoe Club is part of the Balmy Beach Club located in the Beaches of Toronto, Ontario. The Balmy Beach Club, a non-profit organization has served Toronto, the Beach community and its amateur athlete members for 100 years. Canoeing Racing has been part of the Balmy Beach Club since 1905 when the Club held its first regatta. <>The main focus of the Balmy Beach Canoe Club is the exciting sport of flat water Canoe and Kayak Sprint Racing. Athletes use specially designed and highly developed racing shells and paddles in events over distances of 200, 500 and 1000 metres. There are singles, doubles and fours in both canoe and kayak and the most exciting racing craft, the 15 person war canoe! This truly Canadian sport that as an organized sport it has existed for more than 100 years. It has been an official Olympic event since 1936. Today more than 50 countries compete at the international level. Beach has a rich tradition of successful competition and over the years, several members of Canada's Olympic Canoeing Team originally came from Balmy Beach. The Club has added the growing sport of Dragon Boating to its paddling acitivities.
The Canoe Club starts paddlers as young as 10 years of age. There is also a Masters class comprised of male & females 25 + who can compete for National honours at the Canadian Masters Championships held annually.
>Some fantastic benefits about the Club are:
- all equipment is included in fees (just show with up with your clothes and suntan lotion)
- train to compete or just have a great workout and get in shape
- comprehensive training schedules for canoe, kayak and dragon boat racing
- compete in races in a truly Canadian sport
- have a lot of fun
- participate in social events (BBQs right on the lake, dances, a fundraising golf tournament) at the Main Club
- Main Club is a great place right on the lake in the summer<><>><>>>
Club programs: What best suits your needs?